Associate professor Loulin Huang
Phone: 64-9-9219999 ext 6708
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPostal Address:
School of Engineering
Auckland University of Technology
Science and Engineering Building (WS)
34 St Paul Street
Private Bag 92006
- PhD, M.Eng, B.Eng
Memberships and Affiliations:
- IEEE Member
- Dynamics and Control
- Robotics & Automation
- Engineering Computation
- Robotics (mobile robots and robotic manipulators)
- Dynamics and Control
Current Research Projects:
- A collaborative approach: monitoring populations of native bees
- Dynamic modelling and control of flying robots
- Dynamic vibration identification and control
- G. Sheng, L. Huang, J. Xu & J. Y. J. Chang, "Probing and diagnosis of slider disk interactions in nanometer clearance regime using artificial neural network", Microsystem Technologies, 18(9-10), 1255-1259, 2012.
- S. Gao, K. Nakana & L. Huang, " An approach for ergonomic design of mouse wheel", Computer Aided Drafting, Design and Manufacturing, 22(1), 66-70, 2012.
- S. Gao, L. Huang, & B. Han, "Analysis and correction of the machining errors of small plastic helical gears by ball-end milling", Computer Aided Drafting, Design and Manufacturing, 22(1), 61-65, 2012.
- G. Sheng, L. Huang, J. Chang, J. He and S. Duan, An approach for non-stationary and nonlinear vibration identification and control of active air-bearing slider system, Microsystem Technologies, Vol. 17 Nos. 5-7, pp. 1123--1127, 2011.
- S. Gao, K. Nakasa, K. Nogi and L. Huang, "Analysis and experiment on incremental forming process for the spiral plate of continuous screw conveyer", Journal of Computers, Materials & Continua, 22(1), pp. 39-54, 2011.
- L. Huang, W. L. Xu, J. Torrance and J.E. Bronlund, Design of a position and force controller for 6RSS parallel robots and its application in chewing robots, International Journal of Humanoid Robotics, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 477--489, 2010.
- L. Huang, Direction and control adjustment for smooth motion of wheeled mobile robots, Int. J. Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications, Vol. 8, Nos. 1-4, pp. 46-56, 2010.
- L. Huang, Control approach for tracking a moving target by a wheeled mobile robot with limited velocities , IET Control Theory & Applications, Vol. 3, Iss. 12, pp. 1565-1577, 2009.
- L. Huang, Velocity planning for a mobile robot to track a moving target -- a potential field approach , Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 57, Iss. 1, pp. 55-63, 2009.
- L. Huang, Wall following control of an infrared sensors guided wheeled mobile robot, Int. J. Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 106--117, 2009.
- L. Huang, Direction and control adjustment for smooth motion of wheeled mobile robots, Int. J. Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications, Vol 8, Nos. 1-4, pp. 46-56, 2009.
- L. Huang, Q. Song and N. Kasabov, Evolving connectionist system based role allocation for robotic soccer, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 59-62, 2008.
- L. Huang, S. S. Ge and T. H. Lee, Position / force control of uncertain constrained flexible joint robots, Mechatronics, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 111-120, 2006.
- L. Huang and J. Zhou, Chapter6 - An approach to improve real time speed estimation from encoder readings in Autonomous Robots: Control, Sensing and Perception, pp. 140 - 150, Cuvillier Verlag, Oct 2011, ISBN 978-3-86955-866-0.
- L. Huang, " Dynamic modelling of a bicycle in balance", Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, pp. 483-486, Auckland, New Zealand, Nov 2012.
- N. H., Hart & L. Huang, Counting Insects in Flight Using Image Processing Techniques. Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Image and Vision Computing New Zealand, pp. 274-278, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dec 2012.
- N. Hart & L. Huang, " Monitoring Solitary Bees using Image Processing Techniques". Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, pp. 1-4, Auckland, New Zealand, November 2012.
- S. Gao & L. Huang, " Software development for image profile extraction and its application in NC wire discharge machining", Proceedings of the 15th International conference on geometry and graphics, pp. 214-219, Montreal, Canada, August 2012.
- L. Huang, "Reduction of Flying Height Modulation of Hybrid Active Slider - a Nonlinear Control Approach". Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 808-811, July 2012, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- L. Huang and C. Murton, A control system for an unmanned micro aerial vehicle, Proceedings of 15th International Conference on Mechatronics Technology, pp. 12--16, Melbourne, Dec 2011.
- L. Huang, An approach for robust control of a twin-rotor multiple input multiple output system, Proceedings of 2011 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4423--4428, Shanghai, May 2011.
- N. H. Hart and L. Huang, An image based approach to monitor New Zealand native bees Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, pp. 353--357, Qingdao, China, September 2011.
- J. Zhou and L. Huang, Experimental study on sensor fusion to improve real time indoor localization of a mobile robot, Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, pp. 258--263, Qingdao, China, September 2011.
- C. Sun, J. Bronlund, L. Huang and P. Xu, Adaptive fuzzy control on a chewing machine, accepted by The 5th IEEE International Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems, pp. 202--207, Qingdao, China, September 2011.
- L. Huang, W. L. Xu, J. Torrance and J.E. Bronlund, Modeling and impedance control of a chewing robot with a 6RSS parallel mechanism, Proceedings 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Applications, pp.733-743, Singapore, Dec 2009.
- M. T. Chew, S. Demidenko, L. Huang, C. Messom, G. Sen Gupta and M. Watts, Simple mobile robots for introduction into engineering, Proceedings of 2009 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, pp. 797--802, Singapore,May,2009.
- J. Torrance , S. Hutchings , J.E. Bronlund , L. Huang and W. L. Xu, Human jaw motion measurement, analysis, and robotic reproduction, Proceedings of the 15th Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, pp. 517-521, Auckland, New Zealand, Dec 2008.
- L. Huang and L. Tang, Dynamic target tracking control for a wheeled mobile robots constrained by limited inputs, Proceedings of the 17th World Congress The International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC), pp. 3087--3091, Seoul, Korea, July 2008.
- L. Huang, A potential field approach for controlling a mobile robot to track a moving target, Proc. 22nd IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, pp. 65--70, Singapore, 2007.
- L. Huang, Control of a unicycle-like mobile robot to track a moving target, Proc. 13th IEEE IFAC International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, pp. 899--903, Szczecin, Poland, 2007.
Last updated: 07-Oct-2013 5.00pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.