Associate Professor - Mechanical & Production
Phone: 64-9-9219999 ext 6708
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhysical Address:
WS Building, Level 3
34 St Paul Street
Auckland University of Technology
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
- PhD, M.Eng, B.Eng
Memberships and Affiliations:
- IEEE Member
- Dynamics and Control
- Robotics & Automation
- Engineering Computation
- Robotics (mobile robots and robotic manipulators)
- Dynamics and Control
Current Research Projects:
- A collaborative approach: monitoring populations of native bees
(The above projects are funded or co-funded by the Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment (MBIE) of New Zealand and companies)
- Dynamic modelling and control of flying robots
(The above projects are funded by the Auckland University of Technology Research Grants)
- Dynamic vibration identification and control
(The above are the projects in cooperation with Marshall University(USA) and National Tsing Hua University (TW))
L. Huang, Introduction to Rigid Body Mechanics for Multidisciplinary Engineering, Springer, New York, Dec 2011. ISBN 978-1-4614-0471-2.
Recent Journal Papers
- G. Sheng, L. Huang, J. Xu & J. Y. J. Chang, "Probing and diagnosis of slider disk interactions in nanometer clearance regime using artificial neural network", Microsystem Technologies, 18(9-10), 1255-1259, 2012.
- S. Gao, K. Nakana & L. Huang, " An approach for ergonomic design of mouse wheel", Computer Aided Drafting, Design and Manufacturing, 22(1), 66-70, 2012.
- S. Gao, L. Huang, & B. Han, "Analysis and correction of the machining errors of small plastic helical gears by ball-end milling", Computer Aided Drafting, Design and Manufacturing, 22(1), 61-65, 2012.
- G. Sheng, L. Huang, J. Chang, J. He and S. Duan, An approach for non-stationary and nonlinear vibration identification and control of active air-bearing slider system, Microsystem Technologies, Vol. 17 Nos. 5-7, pp. 1123--1127, 2011.
- S. Gao, K. Nakasa, K. Nogi and L. Huang, "Analysis and experiment on incremental forming process for the spiral plate of continuous screw conveyer", Journal of Computers, Materials & Continua, 22(1), pp. 39-54, 2011.
- L. Huang, W. L. Xu, J. Torrance and J.E. Bronlund, Design of a position and force controller for 6RSS parallel robots and its application in chewing robots, International Journal of Humanoid Robotics, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 477--489, 2010.
- L. Huang, Direction and control adjustment for smooth motion of wheeled mobile robots, Int. J. Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications, Vol. 8, Nos. 1-4, pp. 46-56, 2010.
- L. Huang, Control approach for tracking a moving target by a wheeled mobile robot with limited velocities , IET Control Theory & Applications, Vol. 3, Iss. 12, pp. 1565-1577, 2009.
- L. Huang, Velocity planning for a mobile robot to track a moving target -- a potential field approach , Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 57, Iss. 1, pp. 55-63, 2009.
- L. Huang, Wall following control of an infrared sensors guided wheeled mobile robot, Int. J. Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 106--117, 2009.
- L. Huang, Direction and control adjustment for smooth motion of wheeled mobile robots, Int. J. Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications, Vol 8, Nos. 1-4, pp. 46-56, 2009.
- L. Huang, Q. Song and N. Kasabov, Evolving connectionist system based role allocation for robotic soccer, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 59-62, 2008.
- L. Huang, S. S. Ge and T. H. Lee, Position / force control of uncertain constrained flexible joint robots, Mechatronics, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 111-120, 2006.
Recent Book Chapters
- L. Huang and J. Zhou, Chapter6 - An approach to improve real time speed estimation from encoder readings in Autonomous Robots: Control, Sensing and Perception, pp. 140 - 150, Cuvillier Verlag, Oct 2011, ISBN 978-3-86955-866-0.
Recent Conference Papers
- L. Huang, " Dynamic modelling of a bicycle in balance", Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, pp. 483-486, Auckland, New Zealand, Nov 2012.
- N. H., Hart & L. Huang, Counting Insects in Flight Using Image Processing Techniques. Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Image and Vision Computing New Zealand, pp. 274-278, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dec 2012.
- N. Hart & L. Huang, " Monitoring Solitary Bees using Image Processing Techniques". Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, pp. 1-4, Auckland, New Zealand, November 2012.
- S. Gao & L. Huang, " Software development for image profile extraction and its application in NC wire discharge machining", Proceedings of the 15th International conference on geometry and graphics, pp. 214-219, Montreal, Canada, August 2012.
- L. Huang, "Reduction of Flying Height Modulation of Hybrid Active Slider - a Nonlinear Control Approach". Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 808-811, July 2012, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- L. Huang and C. Murton, A control system for an unmanned micro aerial vehicle, Proceedings of 15th International Conference on Mechatronics Technology, pp. 12--16, Melbourne, Dec 2011.
- L. Huang, An approach for robust control of a twin-rotor multiple input multiple output system, Proceedings of 2011 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4423--4428, Shanghai, May 2011.
- N. H. Hart and L. Huang, An image based approach to monitor New Zealand native bees Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, pp. 353--357, Qingdao, China, September 2011.
- J. Zhou and L. Huang, Experimental study on sensor fusion to improve real time indoor localization of a mobile robot, Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, pp. 258--263, Qingdao, China, September 2011.
- C. Sun, J. Bronlund, L. Huang and P. Xu, Adaptive fuzzy control on a chewing machine, accepted by The 5th IEEE International Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems, pp. 202--207, Qingdao, China, September 2011.
- L. Huang, W. L. Xu, J. Torrance and J.E. Bronlund, Modeling and impedance control of a chewing robot with a 6RSS parallel mechanism, Proceedings 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Applications, pp.733-743, Singapore, Dec 2009.
- M. T. Chew, S. Demidenko, L. Huang, C. Messom, G. Sen Gupta and M. Watts, Simple mobile robots for introduction into engineering, Proceedings of 2009 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, pp. 797--802, Singapore,May,2009.
- J. Torrance , S. Hutchings , J.E. Bronlund , L. Huang and W. L. Xu, Human jaw motion measurement, analysis, and robotic reproduction, Proceedings of the 15th Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, pp. 517-521, Auckland, New Zealand, Dec 2008.
- L. Huang and L. Tang, Dynamic target tracking control for a wheeled mobile robots constrained by limited inputs, Proceedings of the 17th World Congress The International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC), pp. 3087--3091, Seoul, Korea, July 2008.
- L. Huang, A potential field approach for controlling a mobile robot to track a moving target, Proc. 22nd IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, pp. 65--70, Singapore, 2007.
- L. Huang, Control of a unicycle-like mobile robot to track a moving target, Proc. 13th IEEE IFAC International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, pp. 899--903, Szczecin, Poland, 2007.
Last updated: 24-Feb-2016 2.38pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.