Khairiah A Rahman
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6223
School of Communication Studies
Private Bag 92006
MA (Applied Linguistics), BA(Hons), Dip. (Postgraduate Teaching), Higher Education Teaching Accreditation Programme (SEDA, UK).
Memberships and Affiliations:
International Communication Association
Public Relations Institute of New Zealand
New Zealand Communication Association
NUSS (National University of Singapore Society)
Asian Congress for Media and Communication
Khairiah has taught various levels of learning including tertiary students and industry practitioners. She has experience in various industries including finance, retail, marketing, advertising, public relations, media and education with a special interest in applied pedagogy, communication and organisational relationship management.
Khairiah has served as an educational ambassador for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs initiative in Singapore training government officials of under-developed countries in South East Asia. She has also served as Chief Oral Examiner for Cambridge exams and was scriptwriter and presenter for a language development programme jointly organised by the National Productivity Board and the Regional Language Centre, Singapore.
At AUT University, Khairiah teaches various strands of communication with special interest in public relations, communication theories, intercultural and applied communication.
- Public Relations, Academic Writing, Intercultural Communication and Communicating
- Trust research in organisational functions and relationships in social media
- Inter- and intra- organisational communication
- multicultural and intercultural communication
- applied pedagogy
- global sociological developments impacting societies, organisations and nations
- communication theories, concepts and applied communication