Associate Professor William Yu Chung Wang
Phone: +64 9 9219999 ext 5048
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgLinks to relevant web pages:
- PhD in Supply Chain Management and Information Systems, UniSA
- Certified BENQ F1 ERP Instructor
- Certificate of SAP ERP V6 TERP 1e
- CIW Professional and Security Analyst
- MicroSoft SQL MCT
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Association of Information Systems
- Performance Measurement Association
- NZPICS - Association for Operations and Supply Chain Professionals
With the experiences of being an IT engineer and corporate consultant, Associate Professor William Y C Wang has supervised research projects and provided industrial consultancy in Australasia and Asian regions regarding supply chain management, global supply chain planning, and business process re-engineering. He also has experiences in practical projects in Enterprise Systems such as the planning of implementing SAP and MS Dynamics.
These researches have specifically highlighted on the interdisciplinary issues related to B2B integration, enterprise systems adoption & maintenance, and supply chain configuration for large firms and SMEs. Those are both quantitative and qualitative. He also serves on the editorial board/advisory board of several international journals.
His papers appear in Information Systems Journal, International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Production Research, Supply Chain Management – an International Journal, International Journal of Production Planning and Control and proceedings of international conferences
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Electronic Commerce and Application
- Business Process Management
- Database Management
- Business Application Programming
- Systems Analysis
- Operation Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Accounting Information Systems
- Post-Adoption in IS Maintenance and Business Process Innovation
- RFID Implementation in the Industries
- Supply Chain Integration in Multinational Firms and the SCOR Model
- Business Dynanmics and the Impacts on Information Systems
- Enterprise Architecture for Global Enterprises
- Digital Innovation and Patent Right Management
1. Patent: Wang, William YC*, Ho SC, and Ho TH, A Felix-Cab Auto Vendor System of Logistics Service, (IT Product Patent Right Granted, commencing from July, 2013) Patent number: Category 1, 05149-1024124180001. Application number: 099222066. Filed date: Jan 2013. Awarded date: July 2013. Granted/Publication date: 2013. Expiry date: 2023
2. Patent: Wang, William YC*, Ho SC, and Ho TH, Intelligence Portable Measurement Device (IT Product Patent Right granted, commencing from Dec, 2011). Patent number: Category 1, 04237-1004211269001. Application number: 099222066. Filed date: 2010. Awarded date: 2011. Granted/Publication date: 2011. Expiry date: 2021
Refereed Journal Articles
1. Wang, William YC*, Pauleen, D, and Zhang TT, 2016, “How Social Media Apps Affect B2B Communication and Improve Business Performance? The Cases of Small and Medium Enterprises”, Forthcoming, Industrial Marketing Management. (SSCI).
2. Arasanmi, Chris, Wang, William Y C*, and Singh, Harminder, 2016. “Examining the Motivators of Training Transfer in an Enterprise Systems context”. Enterprise Information Systems, 3 round review, minor revision. (SSCI)
3. Shafiu, I.*, Wang, W. and Singh, H. 2016, “Information Security Compliance Behaviour of Supply Chain Stakeholders - Influences and Differences”, International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management, 9(1). (Forthcoming)
4. Zhang, C*, Gunasekaran, A, and Wang William YC, 2015. A Comprehensive Model for Supply Chain Integration, Benchmarking: An International Journal, 22(6), pp. 1141 – 1157. (EI).
5. Duong, Linh*, Wood, Lincoln C., and Wang, William Yu Chung, 2015, “A Review and Reflection on Inventory Management of Perishable Products in a Single-echelon Model”, Accepted by International Journal of Operational Research, forthcoming.
6. Shafiu, I.*, Wang, William Y C. and Singh, H. 2015 “Drivers and Barriers in the Decision to Adopt IaaS: A Public Sector Case Study”, Forthcoming in the International Journal of Business Information Systems.
7. Wang William YC* and Mbuba, F, 2014, “Software as a Service – its Influence on IT Professionals in the Enterprises”, High Technology and Industrialization, Issue 214, March, pp 50 -56. (In Chinese, a prestigious Journal hosted by the Chinese Science Academy)
8. Zhang, TT, Wang, William YC*, Lin, YC, and Dai, S, 2014, “Understanding User Motivation for Evaluating Online Content, A Self-Determination Theory Perspective”, published online on 10th of Oct 2014, Behaviour and Information Technology (SSCI).
9. Mbuba, F and Wang William YC*, 2014, “Software as a Service Adoption: Impact on IT Workers and Functions of IT department”, Journal of Internet Technology, Vol 15, No 1, pp 103-114. (SCI).
10. Shafiu, I.*, Wang, William Y C. and Singh, H. 2014, “Mixed Method for New Scholars with Intrusive, Emerging and Complex Socio-Technical Topics Knowledge Management in Organizations”, Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing Volume 185, 2014, pp 255-266.
11. Chen, DN*, Wang, William Y C, Wu, CH, 2013, A Personal Document Recommendation System Based on Semantic Ontology, Communications of the ICISA: An International Journal, Vol 14, No 2. (TSSCI)
12. Wang, William YC*, Pauleen D, and Chan HK, 2013, “Facilitating the Merger of Multinational Companies: A Case Study of the Global Virtual Enterprise”, Journal of Global Information Management, 21(1), pp.42 -58. (SSCI)
13. Chan, H K*, He, H W, and Wang, William Y C, 2012, “Green Marketing and its Impact on Supply Chain Management in Industrial Markets”, Industrial Marketing Management, 41(4), pp. 557-562. (SSCI)
14. Willison Lee, Goh, Tiong*, and Wang, William Y C, 2012 “Big Data Management Challenges in a Meteorological Organization", International Journal for E-Adoption, 4(2), 14p.
15. Rashid, A* and Wang, William Y C, 2012, “Exploring Links between Post Adoption Operations and Process Innovation”, International Journal of Innovation and Learning, 12 (3), pp. 247-266(20). (EI)
16. Chan, Ricky Y.K., He, Hongwei, Chan, Hing Kai, and Wang, William Y.C. 2012. “Environmental Orientation and Corporate Performance: the Mediation Mechanism of Green Supply Chain Management and Moderating Effect of Competitive Intensity” Industrial Marketing Management, 41(4), pp. 621-630. (SSCI)
17. Wang, William Y C*, Rashid, A, Chuang, Huan Ming, 2011, Toward the Trend of Cloud Computing, Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 12(4), pp. 238-242. (SSCI)
18. Ho, S C, Wang, William Y C*, Pauleen, D, and Ting, P H, 2011, " Perspectives on the Performance of Supply Chain Systems: the Effects of Attitude and Assimilation", International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making, 10(4), pp635-658. (SCI)
19. Wang, William Y C*, Heng, Michael S H, and Chau, Patrick Y K, 2010, “An Empirical Research: the Adoption Behaviour of the Information Technology Industry in Increasing Business-to-Business Integration Sophistication”, Information Systems Journal, 20, pp. 5-24. (SSCI)
20. Wang, William Y C*, Chan, H K, 2010, “Supply chain planning and configuration in the global arena—A syncretic perspective”. International Journal of Production Economics, 127(2), pp 212-214. (SCI)
21. Wang, William Y C*, Chan, H K, and Pauleen, D., 2010, “Aligning business process reengineering in implementing global supply chain systems by the SCOR model”. International Journal of Production Research, 48(19), pp. 5647 - 5669. (SCI)
22. Wang, William Y C*, and Chan, H K, 2009, “Virtual Organisation and E-Fashion Supply Chain: two Cases in the Textile Industry. International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 127, Issue 2, Pages 333-342. (SCI)
23. Chan, H K*, Wang, William Y C, Luong, Lee H S, and Chan, Felix T S, 2009, “Flexibility and Adaptability in Supply Chains – A Lesson Learnt from a Practitioner”. Supply Chain Management, an International Journal, Vol. 14, No 6, pp 407- 410. (SSCI)
24. Chang, C W*, Wu, C R, Wang, William Y C, and Lin, H L, 2008, “Using GRA to Construct Software Quality of Perceived and Expected Model between System Supplier and End User”, The Journal of Grey System, Vol. 20, No. 4, p339-350. (SCI)
25. Chang, C.W. & Wang, William Y C*, 2007, “Constructing a Perceived and Expected Quality Model between System Supplier and End User to Evaluate Supply Chain System”, International Journal of Electronic Business, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp.401-414. (EI)
26. Amer Y*, Luong, L, Lee, S H, and Wang, William Y C, 2007 “A Systemic Approach to Order Fulfilment Using Design for Six Sigma Methodology", International Journal of Business and Systems Research, Vol. 1 No.3, pp.302–316.
27. Chang, C W* and Wang, William Y C, 2006, “Grey Situation Decision-Making Algorithm to Optimize Silicon Wafer Slicing”, Journal of International Technology and Information Management, Vol. 15, Issue 3, pp 79-86.
28. Wang, William Y C* & Ho, S C, 2006, “Case Study: the Dispatching of Information Systems for Global Logistics Management in Acer Group”, Journal of Cases on Information Technology, Vol. 8, Issue 2, pp. 45-61. (EI)
29. Heng, Michael S H*, Wang, William Y C, and He, Xianghua 2005, “Supply Chain Management and Business Cycles”, Supply Chain Management, an International Journal, Vol. 10, Issue 3, pp. 157-161. (SSCI)
30. Wang, William Y C*, Heng, Michael S H, Ho Chien-Ta (Bruce), 2005, “Business-to-Business Integration – The Mediating Effects of Network Structure and Network Atmosphere”, International Journal of Production Planning and Control, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 575–585. (SCI)
31. Wang, William Y C, Chang*, C W, & Heng, Michael S H, 2004, “The Levels of Information Technology Adoption, Business Network, and a Strategic Position Model for Evaluating Supply Chain Integration“, Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 85–98. (SSCI)
32. Ho, C T Bruce* & Wang, William Y C, 2004, “Performance Evaluation for Trust Firms Reorganizing into Commercial Banks in Taiwan”, Euro-Asia Journal of Management, Issue 28, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp 113-134.
1. Rashid, A* and Wang, William Y C, and Felix Tan B. 2013 “Value Co-Creation in Cloud Services”. In Consumer Information Systems and Relationship Management. Ed: Lin A, Foster J, Scifleet P. 74-91. Business Science Reference 31 May 2013.
2. Wang, William Y C*, Heng, Michael S H, & Chau, Patrick Y. K., 2006, “Implementing Supply Chain Management in the New Era: A Replenishment Framework for the Supply Chain Operation Reference Model”, Wang, William Y C, Michael S H Heng & Patrick Y. K. Chau (ed.), Supply Chain Management: Issues in the New Era of Collaboration and Competition, IGI Global.
3. Amer, Y*, Luong, L, Lee, S H, and Wang, William Y C 2006 “The Need for Order Fulfilment Metrics for Integrated Supply Chain Management” CAD/CAM Robotics and Factories of the Future, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi. pp. 938-946.
4. Wang, William Y C* and Michael S H Heng, 2004, “Bridging B2B eCommerce Gaps for Taiwanese SMEs - Issues of Government Support and Policies”, Nabeel Al-Qirim & Brian Corbitt (ed.), e-Business, e-Government and Small and Medium-Size: Frameworks, Issues and Implications, Published by Idea Group Inc, USA.
Refereed Conference Paper
1. Mbuba, F, Wang William YC, and Olesen, K, 2015, “Sociomateriality Implications of Software as a Service Adoption on IT-Workers’ Roles and Changes in Organizational Routines of IT Systems Support”. The 2nd Multidisciplinary International Social Networks Conference, Matsuyama, Japan.
2. Lee, Don D.H., Wang, William Y.C. and Leong, Paul T.M., 2015, “Investigating Factors in Passenger Service Systems Adoption: Inter-organizational Systems and Home-region Orientation Approach using TOE Framework”, 1st Asia-Pacific Conference on Advanced Research, Adelaide, South Australia.
3. Wang, Y C, Kung, L A, Wang, William Y C and Cegielski, C, 2014, IT-Enabled Transformation Model: Big Data in Healthcare, International Conference on Information Systems, Auckland, NZ
4. Lee, Don D.H., Wang, William Y.C. and Leong, Paul T.M., 2014 “A Study of Local Vendors’ Views of Planning Global Distribution Systems: Examples from Travel Information Industry in Japan and Korea.” The 25th Australasia Conference on Information Systems, Auckland, NZ.
5. Wang, William Y C and Pauleen, David B, 2014 “Social Networking and Personal Health Management, the Journey of a Miracle Baby”, International Conference on Business and Management, Taipei. (Valuable Contribution Award)
6. Tran, H P, Tan, Felix B, Mills, Annette M, and Wang, William Y. C., 2014 “Information Transparency and Citizen’s Continuous Use Intention of EGovernment Services”, 2014 International Conference on Information Resources Management, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
7. Zhang, T T, Wang, William Y C, and Techatassanasoontorn, Angsana A. 2014 “User Involvement in Self-Governing Content in Professional Online Communities, 47th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaii.
8. Ng, C and Wang William Y C, 2013, “Best Practices in Managing Social Media for Business”, International Conference on Information Systems, Milan, Italy.
9. Shafiu I, Wang William Y C, and Singh H, 2012, “Securing the Supply Chain from an Information Security Perspective”, 10th ANZAM Operations, Supply Chain and Services Management Symposium, Melbourne, Australia.
10. Tingting Zhang, Wang, William Y C, and Techatassanasoontorn, Angsana A., 2012, “User Participation in Self-governance in Socio-technical Communities”. The 16th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam.
11. Ekundayo, Samuel, Wang, William Y C, and Andrade Antonio Diaz, 2012, “The Use of Activity theory and its Principle of Contradictions to Identify and Analysesystemic Tensions: the Case of a Virtual University and its Partners”, Proceedings of International Conference on Information Resources Management. Vienna, Austria.
12. Arasanmi, Chris, Wang, William Y C, and Singh, Harminder, 2012, “The Influence of Systems Interface, Trainning Content and Trust on ERP Learning Utilisation in Ecommerce Context”. Proceedings of 7th International KMO Conference, Salamanca, Spain.
13. Wang, William Y C and Pauleen, David, Ho, Michael Shun Chuan, 2011, “IT Governance for Systems Support and Maintenance - Views from CIOs in Multinational Enterprises”, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on E-Business (ICEB 2011), Bangkok, Thailand.
14. Arasanmi, Chris, Wang, William Y C, and Singh, Harminder, 2011, The Influence of System Interface, Training Content and IT Trust on ERP Learning Utilisation in E-Commerce Context, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on E-Business (ICEB 2011), Bangkok, Thailand.
15. Lin, Yichen, Wu, Chang-Shing, Wang, William Y C, and Lam, Le Xuan, 2011, “Intellectual property in Inter-firm R&D collaboration, an examination on the role of IP management core components”, the 2011 International Joint Conference on Service Sciences, Taipei, Taiwan.
16. Arasanmi, Chris, Wang, William Y C, and Singh, Harminder, 2011, “What Motivates End-Users To Transfer Gained Knowledge From Enterprise Systems Training?” Proceedings of the Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS) 2011, Brisbane, Australia. (Best Research in Progress Paper)
17. Rashid A, Wang, William Y C, and Tan FB, 2011, “The Role of Systems Support & Maintenance in Business Process Innovation”, Proceedings of International Conference on Information Resources Management. 11 Jun 2011, Seoul, Korea.
18. Cao L, Pauleen D, Wang WYC, Whitworth B, “Structural Analysis in the Collaborative Research Network — the Empirics of Chinese Meteorology Researchers, 1st International Workshop on Meteorological Disaster and Public Meteorology Service”. Proceedings of the Fourth International Joint Conference on Computational Sciences and Optimization, Kunming and Lijiang, Yunnan Province, China. 2011
19. Ammar, Rashid, Wang, William Y C, and, Tan, B Felix, 2010, “Information Systems Maintenance: A key driver of Business Process Innovation”. In the proceedings of the 16th American Conference on Information Systems, Lima, Peru.
20. Ammar, Rashid and Wang, William Y C, 2010, Developing Information Systems Process Innovation Capability in Organizations, the 2010 International Conference on Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, Bangkok, Thailand.
21. Chuang, M J, Chan, H K, Wang, William Y C and Chung, S H, 2010, “Effect of Self-Service Technologies of the Low-cost Airlines on Customer Loyalty, the 8th International Conference of Supply Chain Management and Information Systems, Hong Kong.
22. Ammar, Rashid, Wang, William Y C, and Dorner, Dan, 2009, “Gauging the Differences between Expectation and Systems Support: the Managerial Approach of Adaptive and Perfective Software Maintenance”, COINFO2009, the 4th International Conference on Cooperation and Promotion of Information Resources in Science and Technology, Beijing.
23. Chang, C W and Wang, William Y C, 2009, “Developing a Performance Evaluation Model for the Solar Energy Industry”, the 2009 Annual Conference of Performance Measurement Association, Dunedin, New Zealand.
24. Wang, William Y C and Chan, H K, 2008, “Virtual Organization for Supply Chain Integration”, in the proceedings of INDIN08 - IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics, Daejeon Korea.
25. Wu, I C and Wang, William Y C, 2007, “An Exploratory Study on Stage-based View to Capture and Reuse Extant Project Knowledge”, in the proceedings of AMCIS2008. The 13th American Conference on Information Systems, Keystone, USA.
26. Amer, Y, Luong, L, Lee, S H, and Wang, William Y C, 2007 “A systems approach to order fulfillment using Design for Six Sigma and Fuzzy Logic methodology” in the proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Supply Chain Management, 17- 19 October, Toronto, Canada.
27. Amer ,Y., Luong, L, Lee, S H, and Wang, William Y C, 2007 “Implementing Design for Six Sigma to Supply Chain Design”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), 2-5 Dec, Singapore.
28. Wang, William Y C., Luong, L, Chan, H K, and Chan, F T S, 2006. “A Case in Implementing SCOR Model in Global Supply Chain”, the 11th Annual International Conference on Industrial Engineering Theory, Applications and Practice, Nagoya, Japan.
29. Chan, H K, Wang, William Y. C., Luong, L, and Chan, F. T. S., 2006, “Flexibility in Supply Chain - a Lesson Learnt from a Practitioner”, the 11th Annual International Conference on Industrial Engineering Theory, Applications and Practice, Nagoya, Japan.
30. Chang, C W, Wang, William Y C, Wu, C R, and Lin, H L, 2006, A Conceptual Framework to Evaluate Supply Chain System Measurement Model, in the Proceedings of SCMIS2006, the 4th International Conference on Supply Chain Management and Information Systems, Taichun, Taiwan.
31. Amer Y, Luong L, Lee, S H and Wang, William Y C, 2006 "Integrated Performance Measurement for Supply Chain Management" in the Proceedings of the Conference on Integrating Global Organizations: The role of performance measurement systems, 13 – 14 July, Siena, Italy
32. Amer Y, Luong L, Lee S H and Wang, William Y C, 2006 "The Need for Order Fulfilment Metrics for Integrated Supply Chain Management" in the proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on CAD/CAM, Robotics and Factories of the Future, 19 – 22 July, Vellore, India
33. Wang, William Y C, Ho, Michael S C, and Chau, Patrick, Y K, 2005, “A Process Oriented Methodology for the Supply Chain Analysis of Implementing Global Logistics Information System”, The 2nd International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology, 26th – 28th September, 2005, Dubai, UAE.
34. Wang, William Y C & Heng, Michael S H, Ho Chien-Ta Bruce, 2004, “B2B Integration as the Outcome of Business Network Determinants in a Relational Model”, In the proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Supply Chain Management & Information Systems, 7th – 9th July 2004, Hong Kong.
35. Wang, William Y C, Chang, C W, King, D, 2003, “A Position Model in Evaluating the Levels of Information Technology Adoption for SMEs in the Business Network”, In the proceedings of the 7th Pacific-Asia Conference on Information Systems, Adelaide, Australia.
36. Wang, William Y C & Michael S H Heng, 2002, “Boundaries of Business Network in Supply Chain: Breaking SMEs Barriers in Implementing Business-to-Business Integration”, In the Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Electronic Commerce, Hong Kong.
37. Wang, William Y C & Michael S H Heng, 2002, “A Kaleidoscope Approach in Exploring Information Systems Flexibility and Stability for B2B Integration”, In the Conference Proceedings of the UKAIS Conference on Information Systems, Leeds Metropolitan University.
I have given research speeches in different universities and public sectors in the Australasia and Asia-Pacific Region (Custom officer training workshop, AIG Insurance Group, Wakaito University, AUT University, Victoria University of Wellington, University Saint Malasia, Xiamen University, National Taiwan University, National Chao Tung University, and etc.)
Last updated: 19-Feb-2016 12.49pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.