Associate Professor William Yu Chung Wang
Phone: +64 9 9219999 ext 5048
Email: email@example.comLinks to relevant web pages:
- JGIM CFP: Business Dynamics and Multinational Enterprise Systems
- MSDNAA (for BIS students) http://msdn70.e-academy.com/autnz_bus
- PhD in Supply Chain Management and Information Systems, UniSA
- Certified BENQ F1 ERP Instructor
- Certificate of SAP ERP V6 TERP 1e
- CIW Professional and Security Analyst
- MicroSoft SQL MCT
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Association of Information Systems
- Performance Measurement Association
- NZPICS - Association for Operations and Supply Chain Professionals
With the experiences of being an IT engineer and corporate consultant, Associate Professor William Y C Wang has supervised research projects and provided industrial consultancy in Australasia and Asian regions regarding supply chain management, global supply chain planning, and business process re-engineering. He also has experiences in practical projects in Enterprise Systems such as the planning of implementing SAP and MS Dynamics.
These researches have specifically highlighted on the interdisciplinary issues related to B2B integration, enterprise systems adoption & maintenance, and supply chain configuration for large firms and SMEs. Those are both quantitative and qualitative. He also serves on the editorial board/advisory board of several international journals.
His papers appear in Information Systems Journal, International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Production Research, Supply Chain Management – an International Journal, International Journal of Production Planning and Control and proceedings of international conferences
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Electronic Commerce and Application
- Business Process Management
- Database Management
- Business Application Programming
- Systems Analysis
- Operation Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Accounting Information Systems
- Post-Adoption in IS Maintenance and Business Process Innovation
- RFID Implementation in the Industries
- Supply Chain Integration in Multinational Firms and the SCOR Model
- Business Dynanmics and the Impacts on Information Systems
- Enterprise Architecture for Global Enterprises
- Digital Innovation and Patent Right Management
- Wang YC, Ho SC, Ho TH, Intelligence Portable Measurement Device (IT Product Patent Right Granted, commencing from Dec, 2011) Patent number: Category 1, 04237-1004211269001 .
- Chan, H K*, He, H W, and Wang, William Y C, 2012, Green Marketing and its Impact on Supply Chain Management in Industrial Markets, Accepted and Forthcoming in Industrial Marketing Management. (SSCI)
- Willison Lee, Goh, Tiong*, and Wang, William Y C, 2012 “Big Data Management Challenges in a Meteorological Organization", International Journal for E-Adoption, Accepted and Forthcoming.
- Wang, William Y C*, Rashid, A, Chuang, Huan Ming, 2011, Toward the Trend of Cloud Computing, Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, Vol. 12, No 4, pp. 238-242. (SSCI)
- Ho, S C, Wang, William Y C*, Pauleen, D, and Ting, P H, 2011, " Perspectives on the Performance of Supply Chain Systems: the Effects of Attitude and Assimilation", International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making, Vol. 10, Issue 4, pp635-658. (SSCI/SCI)
- Rashid, A* and Wang, William Y C, 2011, “Exploring Links between Post Adoption Operations and Process Innovation” Accepted and scheduled for publication in 2012 forthcoming issue of the International Journal of Innovation and Learning.
- Wang, William Y C*, Heng, Michael S H, and Chau, Patrick Y K, 2010, “An Empirical Research: the Adoption Behaviour of the Information Technology Industry in Increasing Business-to-Business Integration Sophistication”, Information Systems Journal, Vol. 20, pp. 5-24. (SSCI)
- Wang, William Y C*, Chan, H K, 2010, “Supply chain planning and configuration in the global arena—A syncretic perspective”. International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 127, Issue 2, pp 212-214. (SCI)
- Wang, William Y C*, Chan, H K, and Pauleen, D., 2010, “Aligning business process reengineering in implementing global supply chain systems by the SCOR model”. International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 48, Issue 19, pp. 5647 - 5669. (SCI)
- Wang, William Y C*, and Chan, H K, 2009, “Virtual Organisation and E-Fashion Supply Chain: two Cases in the Textile Industry. International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 127, Issue 2, Pages 333-342. (SCI)
- Chan, H K*, Wang, William Y C, Luong, Lee H S, and Chan, Felix T S, 2009, “Flexibility and Adaptability in Supply Chains – A Lesson Learnt from a Practitioner”. Supply Chain Management, an International Journal, Vol. 14, No 6, pp 407- 410. (SSCI)
- Chang, C W*, Wu, C R, Wang, William Y C, and Lin, H L, 2008, “Using GRA to Construct Software Quality of Perceived and Expected Model between System Supplier and End User”,The Journal of Grey System, Vol. 20, No. 4, p339-350. (SCI)
- Chang, C.W. & Wang, William Y C*, 2007, “Constructing a Perceived and Expected Quality Model between System Supplier and End User to Evaluate Supply Chain System”, International Journal of electronic Business, Vol. 5, No.4, pp.401-414. (EI)
- Amer Y*, Luong, L, Lee, S H, and Wang, William Y C, 2007 “A Systemic Approach to Order Fulfilment Using Design for Six Sigma Methodology", International Journal of Business and Systems Research Vol. 1 No.3, pp.302–316.
- Chang, C W* and Wang, William Y C, 2006, “Grey Situation Decision-Making Algorithm to Optimize Silicon Wafer Slicing”, Journal of International Technology and Information Management, Vol. 15, Issue 3, pp 79-86.
- Wang, William Y C* & Ho, S C, 2006, “Case Study: the Dispatching of Information Systems for Global Logistics Management in Acer Group”, Journal of Cases on Information Technology, Vol. 8, Issue 2, pp. 45-61. (EI)
- Heng, Michael S H, Wang, William Y C, and He, Xianghua 2005, “Supply Chain Management and Business Cycles”, Supply Chain Management, an International Journal, Vol. 10, Issue 3, pp. 157-161. (SSCI)
- Wang, William Y C, Heng, Michael S H, Ho Chien-Ta (Bruce), 2005, “Business-to-Business Integration – The Mediating Effects of Network Structure and Network Atmosphere”, International Journal of Production Planning and Control, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 575–585. (SCI)
- Wang, William Y C, Chang, C W, & Heng, Michael S H, 2004, “The Levels of Information Technology Adoption, Business Network, and a Strategic Position Model for Evaluating Supply Chain Integration“, Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 85–98. (SSCI)
- Ho, C T Bruce & Wang, William Y C, 2004, “Performance Evaluation for Trust Firms Reorganizing into Commercial Banks in Taiwan”, Euro-Asia Journal of Management, Issue 28, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp 113-134.
- Wang, William Y C, Heng, Michael S H, & Chau, Patrick Y. K., 2006, “Implementing Supply Chain Management in the New Era: A Replenishment Framework for the Supply Chain Operation Reference Model”, Wang, William Y C, Michael S H Heng & Patrick Y. K. Chau (ed.), Supply Chain Management: Issues in the New Era of Collaboration and Competition, IGI Global.
- Amer, Y, Luong, L, Lee, S H,and Wang, William Y C 2006 “The Need for Order Fulfillment Metrics for Integrated Supply Chain Management” CAD/CAM Robotics and Factories of the Future, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi. pp. 938-946.
- Wang, William Y C. and Michael S H Heng, 2004, “Bridging B2B eCommerce Gaps for Taiwanese SMEs - Issues of Government Support and Policies”, Nabeel Al-Qirim & Brian Corbitt (ed.), e-Business, e-Government and Small and Medium-Size: Frameworks, Issues and Implications, Published by Idea Group Inc, USA.
Last updated: 30-Sep-2014 2.24pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.