Professor Andrew Parsons
Professor of Retailing and Head of Marketing, Advertising, Retailing and Sales
Phone: ++64 9 9219999 ext 5040
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhysical Address:
120 Mayoral Drive, Auckland, WY Building
Faculty of Business & Law
Auckland University of Technology
Private Bag 92006
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
- Doctor of Philosophy in Marketing, 2004, The University of Auckland
- Master of Commerce (Hons) in Management, 1988, The University of Auckland
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Association of Consumer Research
- Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy
- Academy of Marketing
- Society of Consumer Psychology
- Scentre Group
- Hutt City
- Simpson Grierson
- Retailing - Shopper Behaviour, Visual Merchandising & Store Design
- Shopper responses to retailer (marketing) stimuli
Research Summary:Andrew's research interests lie in the broad area of shopping behaviour, with a particular interest in how shoppers respond to marketing and retailing stimuli.
- Phillips, Megan, Parsons, Andrew, Wilkinson, Helene, and Ballantine, Paul "Competing for attention with in-store promotions", Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, forthcoming.
- Parsons, A. G., Brown, D., Donaldson, B., Macrae, D., Kelleher, J., Yan, M., Rush, E. (2015). The NOTHING ELSE brand: a case study. Food and Nutrition Sciences, 6(3), 332-338.doi: 10.4236/fns.2015.63033.
- Parsons, A. G., Ballantine, P., & Comeskey, K. (2014). A conceptual model of the holistic effects of atmospheric cues in fashion retailing. The International Journal of Retailing and Distribution Management, 43(6). doi: 10.1108/IJRDM-02-2014-0015.
- Parsons, A. G., & Wilkinson, H. (2014). Retailing in New Zealand: Where are we and where to next. European Retail Research, 28(1), 141-160. doi: 10.1007/978-3-658-09603-8_7.
- Parsons, A. G. (2014). The association between daily weather and daily shopping patterns. Australasian Marketing Journal: Special virtual issue: A potpourri of popular papers. doi:10.1016/S1441-3582(01)70177-2.
- Kennedy, A. -M., & Parsons, A. (2014). Social engineering and social marketing: Why is one 'good' and the other 'bad'?. Journal of Social Marketing, 4(3), 198-209. doi: 10.1108/JSOCM-01-2014-0006.
- Parsons, A., Ballantine, P., Ali, A., & Gray, H. (2013) Deal is On! Why People Buy from Daily Deal Websites. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 21(1), 37-42. doi:10.1016/j.jretconser.2013.07.003.
- Ballantine, P., Zafar, S., and Parsons, A. (2013) Changes in Retail Shopping Behaviour in the Aftermath of an Earthquake. International Review of Retailing, Distribution, and Consumer Research, 24(1), 1-13. doi: 10.1080/09593969.2013.821419.
- Parsons, A., & Stephenson, N. (2013) Effects of Price and Alcohol Content on Purchase Behaviour: An Analysis of Australian and New Zealand Youth Drinking. Young Consumers, 14(2), 112-121. doi: 10.1108/17473611311325528.
- Parsons, A., Soo, S., & Berth, N. (2013) Sustainability: Is Perception as Good as Reality? In Kahle, L. & Atay, E. (Eds.), Communicating Sustainability for the Green Economy, Society for Consumer Psychology (pp. 25-42). Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe, Inc.
- So, J., Parsons, A., & Yap, S-F. (2013) Corporate Branding, Emotional Attachment and Brand Loyalty: The Case of Luxury Fashion Branding, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 17(4), 403-423. doi: 10.1108/JFMM-03-2013-0032.
- Parsons, A., & Schumacher, C. (2012) Advertising Regulation and Market Drivers, European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 46 (11/12), 1539-1558. doi: 10.1108/03090561211259970.
- Parsons, A., Ballantine, P., & Wilkinson, H. (2012) Private Label Merchandise and Country of Origin, Journal of Marketing Management, Vol. 28 (5/6), 594-608. doi: 10.1080/0267257X.2010.549197.
- Parsons, A. & Kennedy, A. (2011) Macro-social Marketing and Social Engineering: A Systems Approach, Journal of Social Marketing, Vol. 2(1), 37-51. doi: 10.1108/20426761211203247.
- Australian & New Zealand Academy of Management Best Paper (Marketing) Award, 2008
- Distinguished Teaching Award (The University of Auckland), 1996
- Recognition of Excellence in Executive Teaching (The University of Auckland), 2004
Last updated: 04-Jan-2016 3.45pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.