Senior Lecturer in Accounting
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext:5754
Level 9, WF Block
42 Wakefield Street
Auckland Central 1010
Faculty of Business and Law
Private Bag 92006
- PhD in Management Accounting from the University of Manchester, UK
- Masters degree from Birmingham University, UK
- Bachelor in Commerce from Alexandria University, Egypt
Dr Ali Elharidy has taught at AUT University for 5 years and specialises in Management Accounting. Currently, he is the course coordinator for Advanced Management Accounting - a third year degree paper. Also, he is the course coordinator for Current Issues in Management Accounting - a postgraduate paper.
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Current Issues in Management Accounting
His research interests include both qualitative and quantitative investigations.
- The adoption of new management accounting techniques
- Outsourcing and inter-organisational relationships.
- Case studies in management control systems and more generally in grounded theory research projects.
His main quantitative research area is in topics surrounding IFRS implementation in developing countries.