Auckland is well served by a number of airlines, with a smaller number arriving into Christchurch, the principal city in the South Island.
If you are travelling from Europe, you may wish to consider a Star Alliance Round the World fare. The benefits of this are:
- the ability to combine a set number of stopovers for the cost of your ticket
- the use of any one or combination of the Star Alliance partners
- you can build an itinerary that suits, combining places of interest, or business on the way.
You may find this link useful in your search:
Further travel information is available on http://www.newzealand.com/travel/getting-to-around-nz/getting-to-nz/getting-to-nz-home.cfm.
Avis Rent a Car is offering its corporate rates to Conference delegates. Call your local Avis office and request a quote giving the booking reference number AWD:Z994400.
All visitors to New Zealand must have a valid passport for at least three months beyond the intended stay in New Zealand.
Citizens of some countries must obtain a Visitor’s Visa. Visa information and the visa application form are available on: www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/visit/. If you require a Visitor’s Visa, please allow at least 5-6 weeks for processing.
If you are a citizen of a country which has a visa waiver agreement with New Zealand, you do not need to apply for a visa to visit New Zealand but you must:
- Hold a valid ticket from New Zealand to a country where you have the right of entry
- Have sufficient money to support yourself during your stay in New Zealand
- Hold a passport valid for 3 months beyond the date you intend leaving New Zealand
- Remain in New Zealand only for the time granted on your arrival