AUT supports athletes with an athlete support advisor to assist athletes to combine sporting goals with education, career and other life aspirations. This is to encourage athletes to succeed both on and off the sporting stage.
Athletes at AUT are teamed up with an Athlete Support Advisor. Athletes are offered support on:
- Career planning and development for athletes
- Assistance when arranging time off from studies because of sporting commitments
- Advice with setting goals for study, sport and life balance
- Employment information and tips
- Referral to other AUT services particularly AUT Student Support Services
- Referral to external agencies
- Advice on time management and educational guidance
Athlete support is available to AUT MVP (most valuable person) sports scholarship recipients, prime minister scholarship recipients, NZAS carded athletes and general student athletes who compete at a high level.
Contact our athlete support team by calling us on (09) 921 9736 or by emailing below.
Manager: AUT Sport Development and Athlete SupportSend an email message to Bruce Meyer