Upcoming Event: Pacific media and library resources seminar
The Pacific Media Centre at AUT University will host a seminar on the resources available through its relaunched website with many Web 2 features making it far more user friendly for journalists and researchers.
The three-year-old website, www.pmc.aut.ac.nz, has boosted its news and current affairs, media research and multimedia features.
The revamped website was launched by Professor Olaf Diegel, director of the Creative Industries Research Institute (CIRI), at the Media, Investigative Journalism and Technology conference at AUT on December 4/5. He described it as an "impressive hub" for Pacific media news and research.
Based on a Drupal platform, designers Tony Murrow and David Robie have provided an attractive and innovative shop window on the region's media and independent publishing.
Journalism liaison librarian Annie McKillop will also demonstrate the resources available through her Pasifika Journalism subject guide pages.
Features of PMC include:
* Hard news, current affairs and analysis on the Pacific region's media
* Searchable anchor files to make research documents and creative programmes/documentaries more accessible behind paywalls or academic password barriers
* A new Pacific Media Watch regional monitoring service database
* An integrated niusblog
* Multimedia and slideshows
* Pacific media blogs
* Integration of social media
* Specialist library/research resources for Pasifika media
Event date and time: Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 16:00-17:00
Where: WT1004, AUT Tower Building
Following the workshop, AUT's equity policy advisor and Pacific Media Centre board member Kitea Tipuna will bless the new PMC office (next door in WT1006) at 5pm
Last updated: 14-Feb-2014 6.43pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.