We want you to be motivated, challenged, inspired and successful in your research endeavours. In the Postgraduate Research Experience Survey, we want to know about your experience of completing a postgraduate research qualification at AUT University.
What does the Postgraduate Research Experience Survey do for me?
Feedback from postgraduate research students helps us to monitor and improve the experience of postgraduate research students and the research environment at AUT.
The information you provide is used to assess the quality of the research supervision, resources, support services, and facilities available to you as a student.
Surveys@AUT summarises the feedback you provide so we can report your accolades and concerns to the University Postgraduate Centre.
Key results from the 2012 Survey:
In 2012, all postgraduate students* were invited to provide feedback in the 2012 Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (except postgraduate research students who were simultaneously enrolled in a coursework paper, who were surveyed in the Annual Programme Survey).
A comprehensive report was prepared for the University Postgraduate Centre. Survey results revealed:
- 84% of postgraduate research students indicated that they were satisfied with their overall research experience at AUT
- 87% of postgraduate research students were satisfied with the quality of supervision they experienced at AUT
- 79% of postgraduate research students were satisfied with the organisation of their programme
- 78% of postgraduate research students were satisfied with the resources and facilities
- 84% of those surveyed agreed that postgraduate research experience had contributed to their career development
* who started a thesis or dissertation before 1 June 2012
More informationGo to our FAQs section to find out more about how we ensure your confidentiality and use the survey results.