To get access to the AUT network, UniCentral, AUTonline, AUT Student Outlook, AUT Library and the internet, you have to use your network login and password. Remember, never give out your password to anyone, keep it secret and don’t reply to hoax emails that ask for your username and password details.
Logging Into The AUT Network
To log into an AUT computer, follow these steps:
- At the login screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time.
- Type your login name into the username box in lower case. Your login can be found on your AUT student ID card in the bottom right corner. Usually it starts with three characters followed by three digits e.g. abc1234.
- Type your password into the password box in lower case. If this is your first time logging in, your password will be the two digit day of your birth followed by the first three letters of your birthday month e.g. if you were born on the first of January, then your password will be: 01jan.
- Press the arrow button or enter to login with username and password.
Logging Out Of The AUT Network
It is very important to log out of your computer when you are finished working so other people don’t use your account. To log out of an AUT computer, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start menu at the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on the Log Off button near the bottom right of the menu.
- Click the Log Off button on the pop-up box.
Helpful Hints: Security
- Always run and keep antivirus software up to date
- Never open suspicious emails because of the virus that they could be carrying
- Use good password and try to change it frequently (6 months)
- Beware of Spyware and Malware
Changing Your Network Password
To change your network login password, follow these steps:
- Open up a web browser, for example Firefox or Chrome.
- Go to the AUT login page https://networkservices.aut.ac.nz/login.cgi and log in.
- Click the Reset Password button on the menu at the left of the screen.
- Enter your current password and new password .
- Verify your new password by reentering it into the Confirm Password field.
- Click the Save Password button.
Setting Your Password Hints
Setting up password hints (if you have not done this during registration):
- Open up a web browser, for example Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Network Services page and log in.
- Click the Setup Password Hints button at the left of the screen.
- Select a personal fact, answer it and then click on Add Fact to add a second fact. Note: you must use two different facts to set up the password hints.
- Alternatively you can Setup Mobile Phone for password recovery
Forgotten your password? Follow these steps:
- At MYPC login screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Del.
- Type ‘letmein’ in the username field and ‘letmein’ in the password field and enter.
- It will take you to Self-service Internet Explorer page.
- Type in your login in the login box and type the security code numbers and letters displayed on the screen. Click on Submit.
- Fill in all your details in the self-service password reset form and click on Submit Answers. The next page that will appear will display a token and allow you to type a new password.
- OR Enter the last 4 digits of your registered Mobile PhNo and click the button “Send to MobPhNo”. Then you will receive a token in your phone and the next page that will appear will display and allow you to type the token to reset the password.
If you have any queries or problems regarding your login and password, please contact the IT Service Desk for support on 9219888 (ext 9888 from any AUT telephone) or Visit Tech Central (WA3,WA4, WG3, AL125, MA2).
To print details and screenshots of this procedure, see let me in - self service password reset on ithelp.