AUT University proudly promotes sustainable transport to help reduce carbon emissions and support related health and environmental benefits. This section has information about how to get to AUT’s City, North Shore, South or Millennium Campus.
Getting to AUT is easy – there are many ways to travel to our campuses:
AUT shuttle bus: travel between AUT campuses
View the 2014 shuttle bus timetable
- Runs between the City, North Shore and South campuses (except weekends and public holidays)
- Shuttle tickets: from $2.50 for a 1-ride ticket to $60 for a 30-ride ticket
Where to get shuttle bus tickets and timetablesCity Campus
North Shore Campus
- University Bookshop (WC122): Monday - Friday 8am-6pm
- City Gym Reception (Level 1, WC Building): Monday - Friday 6am-9pm; Saturday 10am-6pm; Sunday 10am-2pm; Closed on public holidays
- University Bookshop (AB101): Monday – Friday 8.30am-5pm
- North Shore Gym Reception (AH Building): Monday - Thursday 6am-9pm; Friday 6am-8pm; Saturday 8am-5pm; Sunday 10am-2pm
- Sport and Fitness Centre (MD104): 7am-5pm
Note: When the above ticket outlets are closed over the holiday period you can buy tickets from the cashier in AG block (North Shore Campus) and WO2 (corner of St Paul and Wakefield Streets, City Campus). Contact the Campus Services Help Desk on +64 9 921 9999 ext 7777 for details.
Up to 38% off public transport for AUT students
Full-time AUT students are eligible for a significant discount off public transport. You need a valid AUT student ID card with a tertiary student ID sticker to buy discounted tickets. You need to show your ID card and sticker when buying tickets and when you are using public transport.
Students eligible for a public transport discount need to:
Read more about how to get a tertiary concession