Travel to and from AUT
AUT proudly promotes sustainable transport to help reduce carbon emissions and support related health and environmental benefits. This section has information about how to get to the AUT City, North or South Campus, or AUT Millennium.
Getting to AUT is easy – there are many ways to travel to our campuses:
- Getting to AUT City Campus
- Getting to AUT North Campus
- Getting to AUT South Campus
- Getting to AUT Millennium
AUT’s campus bus fleet
- Six new state-of-the-art buses; the first of their kind in New Zealand
- Free Wi-Fi for AUT students and staff
- GPS vehicle tracking for providing schedule updates to passengers
- CCTV for your safety
- Ramps for wheelchair users, and bus drivers have been trained how to use the ramps and assist wheelchair users
- Will integrate with AT HOP Card system from next year
- Each bus features a different colour, with graphics designed by AUT’s Art Studio Manager
- Timetable, ticket prices and ticket purchasing process all remain the same
Where to get campus bus tickets and timetablesTickets range from $2.50 for a 1-ride ticket to $60 for a 30-ride ticket. The driver will clip your ticket, which you can buy from the outlets below. No cash accepted on campus shuttle buses.
- University Bookshop (WC122): Monday - Friday 8am-5.30pm
- City Gym Reception (Level 1, WC Building): Monday - Friday 6am-9pm; Saturday 10am-6pm; Sunday 10am-2pm; Closed on public holidays
- University Bookshop (AB101): Monday – Friday, 8.30am-5pm
- North Shore Gym Reception (AH Building): Monday - Thursday 6am-9pm; Friday 6am-8pm; Saturday 8am-5pm; Sunday 10am-2pm
- Sport and Fitness Centre (MD104): 7am-7pm (5pm Friday)
Up to 38% off public transport for AUT studentsFull-time AUT students are eligible for a significant discount off public transport.
To access the discounted travel, you need:
- A valid AUT student ID card with a tertiary student ID sticker
- An AT HOP card
- To carry your tertiary student ID card with a current tertiary ID sticker with you when using public transport and present it on request to prove eligibility for travel
Find out how to get a tertiary concession and load it onto your AT HOP card
Get a tertiary ID sticker
Tertiary ID stickers can be accessed from any of the AuSM offices.
Visit the AuSM website for contact details
Auckland Transport Customer Service Centre
The Auckland Transport Customer Service Centre at the AUT City Campus provides a full range of services, including purchasing an AT HOP card, loading a tertiary concession and buying a monthly pass.
Read more about the Auckland Transport Customer Service Centre
Last updated: 14-Feb-2014 7.46pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.