Residential life: living in AUT accommodation
AUT student accommodation is more than a room – it’s where you'll make friends and settle into university life. AUT’s Residential Services staff run programmes to support you with all aspects of living on campus.
Helping you settle in
- We help you get to know your flatmates
- Our team will help you create apartment rosters
- Residential Assistants available for support and referral for any personal issues
- We make sure all residents understand and follow the rules of living in AUT student accommodation
You can have guests to stay in your apartment for 1 or 2 nights if your flatmates agree. You must register them with the accommodation office in advance and you may need to pay for their stay.
To help you meet other residents, you will be assigned to a colour group:
- Residential Assistants organise events for each colour group
- Groups participate in competitions and activities, like sports tournaments and trips to local areas of interest
- A formal event is held at the end of each semester
What’s on: events and activities
- Welcome Week – beginning of Semester 1
- Accommodation Sports Day - Semester 1
- Welcome Back Week – beginning of Semester 2
- Events for colour groups - usually two events per semester
- Regular movie nights, sports days, games nights, craft days and cooking classes
- We help residents set up their own study groups
- Staff run workshops on APA referencing, time management, study skills and effective note taking
- An online forum for residents who want to meet others in the building taking the same papers
Last updated: 02-Feb-2017 1.06pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.