Starting university is an exciting yet challenging time – meeting new people and making friends, learning new skills and dealing with new pressures. Even the simplest things like finding your way around campus can be a big task. That's why student ambassadors make a huge difference in the life of a first year student.
What is a student ambassador?
Student ambassadors volunteer their time to welcome new AUT students and help them settle in during their first semester. They also volunteer at events throughout the year. Student ambassadors can answer all your questions – from study tips and great places to eat to where to go if you need support.
Each student ambassador is assigned a group of 10 to 15 first-year students at Orientation. During the semester you can contact your student ambassador to ask questions.
Become a student ambassador
A small time commitment can make a big difference in a new student’s experience at AUT! It’s a great chance to meet new people, develop your leadership and communication skills – and looks great on your CV.
Who can become a student ambassador
You must be:
- A current student at AUT
- Have completed at least one year at AUT
What it involves
- You commit 20 hours per semester
- You'll be assigned a group of new AUT students at Orientation
- Training will be provided before the start of semester – you won't be thrown into the deep end
- Volunteering to assist with AUT events
Benefits of being a student ambassador
- Social events, meeting people and making new friends
- Paid part-time employment on campus
- Exclusive computer use in the ambassador space
- A chance to add value to your CV - develop transferable skills for employment
- A chance to make a difference to a new student's experience at AUT
- Free personal development workshops
- Opportunities to network with potential employers through the events you assist with
Apply to be an AUT Student Ambassador for Semester 1, 2018
Ambassador space: WB120, City Campus
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 8124