Mental health support: Student Advisor - Mental health
At AUT we appreciate that our students come from diverse backgrounds, with individual skills and experiences. The Student Advisor - Mental Health offers support to AUT students to ensure their mental health needs are being met and they can achieve their academic goals.
Support can be ongoing or brief, depending on the needs of the student. Students can refer themselves; a formal psychiatric diagnosis is not necessary to access this service.
Make an appointment
- Phone: 09 921 9292
- Go to reception in WB level 2, City Campus
Talk to us about your appointment needs. You can't make an appointment via email.
Creating an individual support plan
This may involve:
- Practical advice
- Referral to counselling services
- Liaison with external health providers or family (in collaboration with you and with your consent)
- Assessment and support in a crisis
- Liaison with AUT staff (in collaboration with you and with your consent)
Out of hours mental health support
- Central Auckland crisis team: 0800 800 717
- North Shore crisis team: (09) 486 8900
- South Auckland crisis team: (09) 270 4742
Useful websites and community resources
Last updated: 30-Oct-2017 9.36am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.