Medical and nursing services for students at AUT University
Medical and nursing services we provide at AUT's health, counselling and wellbeing centres.
VaccinationsWe can provide vaccinations for health students going on clinical placement, for vaccines on the national immunisation schedule and travel vaccinations including:
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza (flu) vaccinations
- HPV (Gardasil) vaccine
- Travel vaccinations
Clinical screeningHealth, Counselling and Wellbeing works in conjunction with the Faculty of Health to screen or vaccinate, as required, students before they go on clinical placement. Please see our nurses if you have any concerns about your screening or vaccinations.
Prescription collectionIt is usual to see one of our doctors to obtain a repeat prescription. However, for some patients who have a stable condition and are on regular medication, it may be appropriate to receive a repeat prescription without a medical consultation. In this case, please contact our nurses. Prescriptions are usually available on the next working day.
Medical laboratory resultsA nurse will contact you if your results require further treatment or discussion but please contact us if you have not heard from us within a week of having your test/s.
- If you have been referred on for treatment, contact that treatment provider if your contact details change or if you have not heard from them within a reasonable time
- Healthpoint is a NZ website that provides information about hospitals, GPs and specialist services
Dental servicesAUT Health, Counselling and Wellbeing does not offer dental services.
AUT has an oral health clinic at our North Shore Campus - phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 9263
The dental services brochure gives you more information about services offered by the oral health clinic (2 pages, 68 kB)
Pharmacy, laboratory, physiotherapy
- Your nearest city pharmacy is in the student commons area at the University of Auckland
- Your nearest North Shore pharmacies are Pharmacy Direct in the Fox Centre, or Te Puna Hauora, both on Akoranga Drive. There are also pharmacies in the Northcote Shopping Centre
- LabTests - 280 Queen Street City or 16 College Road Northcote
AUT has a physiotherapy clinic on the North Shore - phone +64 9 921 9155
Immigration medicalsWe can provide immigration medicals for international students and staff.
- Immigration medicals take at least a week to be completed. You will require an appointment with the nurse who will do an assessment and arrange for your testing offsite
- Following your blood tests and chest x-ray you will require an appointment with our doctor
- Please bring your passport, immigration medical forms and glasses or contacts if you wear them
- The cost for an AUT student is $140.00 for the nurse and doctor appointment combined
- The blood test is approximately $100.00, the chest x-ray is $70.00 to $80.00
- Immigration medicals are not covered by your insurance.
Contact usHealth, Counselling and Wellbeing centre contact information
Last updated: 14-Feb-2014 7.22pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.