Medical and nursing services we provide at AUT's health, counselling and wellbeing centres.
We can provide vaccinations for health students going on clinical placement, for vaccines on the national immunisation schedule and travel vaccinations including:
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza (flu) vaccinations
- HPV (Gardasil) vaccine
- Travel vaccinations
Health, Counselling and Wellbeing works in conjunction with the Faculty of Health to screen or vaccinate, as required, students before they go on clinical placement. Please see our nurses if you have any concerns about your screening or vaccinations.
It is usual to see one of our doctors to obtain a repeat prescription. However, for some patients who have a stable condition and are on regular medication, it may be appropriate to receive a repeat prescription without a medical consultation. In this case, please contact our nurses. Prescriptions are usually available on the next working day.
Medical laboratory results
A nurse will contact you if your results require further treatment or discussion but please contact us if you have not heard from us within a week of having your test/s.
AUT Health, Counselling and Wellbeing does not offer dental services.
AUT has an oral health clinic at our North Shore Campus - phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 9263
The dental services brochure gives you more information about services offered by the oral health clinic
(2 pages, 68 kB)
Pharmacy, laboratory, physiotherapy
- Your nearest city pharmacy is in the student commons area at the University of Auckland
- Your nearest North Shore pharmacies are Pharmacy Direct in the Fox Centre, or Te Puna Hauora, both on Akoranga Drive. There are also pharmacies in the Northcote Shopping Centre
- LabTests - 280 Queen Street City or 16 College Road Northcote
AUT has a physiotherapy clinic on the North Shore - phone +64 9 921 9155
We can provide immigration medicals for international students and staff.
- Immigration medicals take at least a week to be completed. You will require an appointment with the nurse who will do an assessment and arrange for your testing offsite
- Following your blood tests and chest x-ray you will require an appointment with our doctor
- Please bring your passport, immigration medical forms and glasses or contacts if you wear them
- The cost for an AUT student is $140.00 for the nurse and doctor appointment combined
- The blood test is approximately $100.00, the chest x-ray is $70.00 to $80.00
- Immigration medicals are not covered by your insurance.
Contact usHealth, Counselling and Wellbeing centre contact information