Support for elite student athletes
AUT supports elite student athletes to combine their sporting goals with their education, career and other life aspirations. We encourage athletes to succeed both on and off the sporting stage.
Who we support
We can offer you support if you're:
- An AUT Significant Student Scholarship student
- A Vice-Chancellor Scholarship student
- An industry sports scholarship recipient
- A prime minister scholarship recipient
- An NZAS-carded athlete
- A general student athlete who competes at a high level for your region or country.
How we support elite athletes
You'll be teamed up with an athlete support advisor who will offer you support with:
- Career planning and development
- Arranging time off from studies for sporting commitments
- Setting goals for study, sport and life balance
- Employment (information and tips)
- Finding and using other AUT services – particularly AUT Student Support Services
- Referral to external agencies
- Time management and educational guidance
Manager: AUT Sport Development and Athlete Support
Phone: (09) 921 9736
Email: Bruce Meyer
Last updated: 09-Jan-2017 8.42am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.