Guides and tips for staff using AUTonline
Guides and tips for staff who use the AUTonline software.
AUTonline guide for lecturers to version 9.1 SP10
A full guide to the AUTonline Learning Management System.
- AUTonline Leader Guide: a short guide to some of the options in AUTonline when setting up your paper.
Collaborate Voice Tools Voice Tools provide the ability for lecturers to record and playback sound files directly through AUTonline. Below are a list of these tools with some of the features they have:
- Voice Discussion Board: A threaded voice discussion board that allows both lecturer and student to post voice messages along with accompanying text, which is accessible to the whole class.
- Voice Email: Lecturers and students can send a voice email message from AUTonline to anyone enrolled in their AUTonline course.
- Voice Announcements: a short voice message which can be posted alongside a conventional text announcement. To hear the information students simply press the play button.
- Voice Recorder: To add vocal instructions or information to a content area. The recorded message can be embedded into the course and the student simply needs to click on it to listen.
- Examples of its uses:
- explain difficult concepts verbally – annotate a complex diagram and provide a clear, vocal explanation
- provide verbal feedback for assignments or create a listening glossary of professional vocabulary and technical jargon that may be difficult to pronounce
- teach foreign languages by emphasizing speaking and listening
- easily teach pronunciation, rhythm, stress, and emphasis
- provide anytime, anywhere access to language resources as students are no longer constrained to use a language lab
- Voice Direct: A live, voice chat tool that provides a forum for one-on-one and group discussions. There is an option which allows you to archive the discussions also.
- Voice Presentation: Allows lecturers and students to speak and/or type content and simultaneously pull up a webpage eg a “voice-over” slide presentation of web pages.
- Podcaster: Lecturers can create podcasts or upload external podcasts which students can subscribe
Last updated: 14-Feb-2014 4.39pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.