Starting university is an exciting yet challenging time – meeting new people and making friends, learning new skills and dealing with new pressures. Even the simplest things like finding your way around campus can be a big task. That's why student ambassadors make a huge difference in the life of a first year student.
What is a student ambassador?Student ambassadors volunteer their time to welcome new AUT students and help them settle in during their first semester. They also volunteer at events throughout the year. Student ambassadors can answer all your questions – from study tips and great places to eat to where to go if you need support.
Each student ambassador is assigned a group of 10 to 15 first year students at Orientation. During the semester you can contact your student ambassador to ask questions, seek advice or find out information.
How do I get a student ambassador?
- Attend AUT Orientation – we will automatically assign you an ambassador.
Become a student ambassadorA small time commitment can make a big difference in a new student’s experience at AUT! It’s a great chance to meet new people, develop your leadership and communication skills – and looks great on your CV.
What it involves
- You must be a current student and have completed at least one year at AUT
- You commit 20 hours per semester
- You will be assigned a group of new AUT students at Orientation. Training will be provided before the start of semester – you won't be thrown into the deep end.
- Volunteering to assist with AUT events
As a student ambassador you benefit from:
- Social events, meeting people and making new friends
- Opportunities for paid part-time employment on campus
- Exclusive computer use in the ambassador space (City and North Shore Campus)
- A chance to add value to your CV - develop transferable skills for employment
- Verification of participation in the student ambassador programme
- A chance to make a difference to a new student's experience at AUT
- Free personal development workshops
- Opportunities to gain industry relations with the events you assist with
- Opportunities to network with potential employers through the events you assist with
Apply now to become a student ambassador in 2016 - Find out more
Contact usAmbassador space: WB135
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 x8124
Last updated: 28-Aug-2015 10.51am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.