AUT's accredited Health, Counselling and Wellbeing centre is located on our City and North Shore campuses. Make an appointment or drop in to see a doctor, nurse, counsellor or other medical or health professional. Listed are the Health, Counselling and Wellbeing phone numbers, locations and opening hours.
Christmas closedown – order your prescriptions now to be ready for the holidays
- North Shore Campus: closed 13 December 2013 from 3pm to 28 January 2014
- City Campus: closed 20 December 2013 from 4pm to 6 January 2014, 8am. Please note there will only be limited doctors available in January.
If you need after hours care over the Christmas period, visit your local Accident and Emergency Clinic or phone Healthline on 0800 611 116 for 24 hour nurse advice.
City Campus health and wellbeing centre
WB219, level 2 in the Te Ara Poutama Building (WB)
55 Wellesley Street East, Auckland
Phone +64 9 921 9992
Fax +64 9 921 9760
City Campus map
Opening hoursDuring semester:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8am - 4.30pm
Thursdays: 10am- 4.30pm
During semester break:
8am - 4pm
Private Bag 92006
North Shore Campus health and wellbeing centre
AS104, level 1 by the cafe
90 Akoranga Drive, Northcote, Auckland
Phone +64 9 921 9998
Fax +64 9 921 9728
North Shore Campus map
Opening hours (during semester)
Monday - Wednesday: 8am - 4pm
Thursday: 10am - 4pm
Friday: 8am - 3pm
Private Bag 92006
For free routine nurse consultations see the nurse at the Manukau Clinic Room, MB109 or phone +64 9 921 9992.
Open every Tuesday during semester
South Campus map
If you are a domestic student you can enrol with one of four local general practices, and AUT will fund your first three routine doctor consultations through the Manukau General Practitioner Services Scheme.
Details about the Manukau GP Services Scheme
Urgent assistance and additional information
- Urgent assistance
- After hours services
- Your privacy
- Concerns, complaints and compliments
For a medical emergency, phone an ambulance by dialling 111. If you are dialling from an AUT phone, dial 1 for an outside line then dial 111.
- For urgent assistance on campus during office hours, phone ext 8888 to ask for nurse assistance or make an urgent appointment with a counsellor, mental health coordinator, doctor or nurse. Please tell the receptionist why the need for assistance is urgent
- If you need Security, phone +64 9 921 9997
After hours services
- If you require services after hours you can phone our centres on +64 9 921 9992 or + 64 9 921 9998 and follow the message instructions
- For a medical emergency phone an ambulance by dialling 111. If you are dialling from an AUT phone, dial 1 for an outside line then dial 111
Some after hours services which may be of assistance are:
- HEALTHLINE: phone 0800 611 116, a nurse will provide you with advice and direct you to your nearest medical service if required
- WHITE CROSS ACCIDENT AND MEDICAL: 0800 611 111
- MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS: 0800 800 717
- LIFELINE: +64 9 522 2999
- YOUTHLINE: +64 9 376 6633
- CHINESE LINE: +64 9 522 2088
We value the confidentiality of your health information and act in accordance with medical and counselling ethics of confidentiality and the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993 and the Health Information Privacy Code 1994. Please refer to our health information privacy statement displayed in our waiting area or ask our reception if you have any questions.