If you would like to distribute any material on campus, you must read the following policy and procedure and complete the distribution request form below.
This policy has been implemented to allow freedom of expression in a controlled manner to avoid controversy and promote a safe and friendly environment on campus for both staff and students. This policy applies to anything distributed on campus including the following materials:
- Newspapers and publications
- Information packs
When distributing information on campus the following policy will be enforced:
- No one may enter buildings on campus to distribute information without the approval of the University.
- No one may enter on to campus asking for donations for charities.
- Nothing can be stuck on the walls without permission.
- All structures and signage that are erected and dismantled are done so with consideration of AUT’s Health and Safety Regulations (which will be sent to you if applicable).
- Distribution may only occur in the allocated location.
- No materials that are explicit, racial or offensive will be allowed to be distributed on campus.
- Campus Events has the right to refuse distribution of any medium that is harmful to the University or offensive to students and or staff at any stage during distribution.
If you have any questions or for more information, contact:
Phone: +64 9 921 9647
Procedure for distribution
1. All distribution requests must be made through Campus Events no less than 5 working days before distribution.
2. The request for distribution must be in writing and include a key objective/message, target audience and a copy of the medium for distribution. Your material can be posted to Campus Events (C-54), Private Bag 92006, Auckland 1142 or dropped into the Campus Events office, WB208, 55 Wellesley Street East, Auckland City.
3. A space will then be allocated or identified for distribution of that particular medium.
4. A distribution timeframe will be allocated for that medium. Materials will need to be removed by the party requesting distribution at the end of the agreed period.
Distribution request form
* Required information