You can top up your print and internet accounts by visiting the Self service Top Up Kiosks, which are located on every campus, as detailed below. You can also top up online using your credit card.
Warning: We recommend that you consider topping up your account in small amounts, e.g. $5 or $10, especially if you are in your last semester. Please note that if you are leaving the University and wish to have your personal internet/print money refunded, a $25 administration fee will apply, regardless of the amount to be refunded. This is to cover the University's cost of administering a refund.
Topping Up On Campus Using Kiosk
You can top up on campus using your Eftpos, MasterCard or Visa credit card at a kiosk.
Kiosks are located in the following locations:
WA, 4th floor foyer
WA, 3rd floor
WF, 2nd Floor
North Shore Campus
To Top Up Using A Kiosk, Follow These Steps:
- Touch the kiosk screen.
- Swipe your student ID card or put student ID number and password.
- Select a predefined amount or press click other amount.
- Select an amount and click pay now to continue. If you selected other amount then enter it now and click fixed amount to continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions from the Eftpos terminal to complete payment.
- You can also use kiosk to transfer money from deposit to Internet or Printing
Topping Up Online
You can top up online anytime from anywhere using your MasterCard or Visa credit card, Follow these steps:
- Open up a web browser, for example Internet Explorer.
- Go to the AUT login page (http://distance.aut.ac.nz) and log in.
- In the account balances box click on the Deposit/Transfer Money button.
- Click on the Make a Deposit button. Note: the minimum deposit is $5.
- Enter your login name and the amount you would like to top up, and click on Proceed.
- Select the card type, enter your card details and click on Submit Card Details.
Once you have sufficient funds in your deposit account, you can transfer money by following these steps:
- Click on the Transfer button for either your internet or print account.
- Select the amount you want to transfer, enter your network password and click on Transfer.
- Your account will be topped up. Note: after transferring the money into either your internet or print account, you will have a 1 hour period in which you can cancel the transfer and return the money to your deposit account.
To print details and screenshots of these procedures, see topping up your accounts on ithelp.