North Campus accommodation: Akoranga Student Village
Akoranga Student Village offers shared apartment living on AUT's North Campus.
Apartment style living
Akoranga Student Village has 40 townhouse-style, self-catered apartments housing 207 residents.
The village is just a 5 minute walk to AUT North Campus.
- Single gender, mixed gender, gay friendly, and faculty-based apartments are available
- Common areas are alcohol free
- There are allocated residential assistants (peer mentor, senior residents)
- Wheelchair access
- Bike racks
There are 5 or 6 bedrooms in each apartment. All bedrooms are standard size (3.2m x 2.5m).
Each room contains:
- ¾ double / king single bed
- Desk and office chair
- Wall-mounted, heated towel rail
There are 2 bathrooms in each apartment, containing:
Apartments are self-catered and contain:
- Cooking equipment basics
- Food storage shelf
- Full stove/oven
Akoranga Student Village offers free 'study feeds' and free food events during the year.
Lounge and dining areas
Each apartment has an open plan lounge/dining area with:
- Lounge chairs
- Dining room table and chairs
You're responsible for washing your own clothes and bed linen. There is a coin-operated laundry on site.
You can buy a linen pack (2 sheets, duvet and cover, pillow and pillow case and a towel).
Security in the student village includes:
- 3 key access to townhouse blocks, apartments and bedrooms
- Onsite night security
These utilities are included in your accommodation fee:
Computers and internet
- AUT WiFi
- 1 PC in common rooms
- Learning community study groups
- Noise ban during study and exam period
Social areas and activities
Student accommodation offers a residential life and events programme, which includes balls, dinners, themed activities and trips around Auckland.
There is also:
- Pool table
- Sky TV and 42” TV in common room lounge
- Basketball hoop
- Table tennis
- Sports programme
Last updated: 28-Sep-2017 1.36pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.