AUT University proudly promotes sustainable transport to help reduce carbon emissions and support related health and environmental benefits. This section has information about how to get to AUT’s City, North Shore, South or Millennium Campus.
Getting to AUT is easy – there are many ways to travel to our campuses:
AUT’s new campus bus fleet
- Six new state-of-the-art buses; the first of their kind in New Zealand
- Free Wi-Fi for AUT students and staff
- GPS vehicle tracking for providing schedule updates to passengers
- CCTV for your safety
- Ramps for wheelchair users, and bus drivers have been trained how to use the ramps and assist wheelchair users
- Will integrate with AT HOP Card system from next year
- Each bus features a different colour, with graphics designed by AUT’s Art Studio Manager
- Timetable, ticket prices and ticket purchasing process all remain the same
View the 2014 timetable
Where to get campus bus tickets and timetables
Tickets range from $2.50 for a 1-ride ticket to $60 for a 30-ride ticket. The driver will clip your ticket, which you can buy from the outlets below. No cash accepted on campus shuttle buses.
North Shore Campus
- University Bookshop (WC122): Monday - Friday 8am-6pm
- City Gym Reception (Level 1, WC Building): Monday - Friday 6am-9pm; Saturday 10am-6pm; Sunday 10am-2pm; Closed on public holidays
- University Bookshop (AB101): Monday – Friday, 8.30am-5pm
- North Shore Gym Reception (AH Building): Monday - Thursday 6am-9pm; Friday 6am-8pm; Saturday 8am-5pm; Sunday 10am-2pm
- Sport and Fitness Centre (MD104): 7am-5pm
Note: When the above ticket outlets are closed over the holiday period you can buy tickets from the cashier in AG block (North Shore Campus) and WO 2 (corner of St Paul and Wakefield Streets, City Campus). Contact the Estates Services Help Desk on +64 9 921 9999 ext 7777 for details.
Up to 38% off public transport for AUT students
Full-time AUT students are eligible for a significant discount off public transport. You need a valid AUT student ID card with a tertiary student ID sticker to buy discounted tickets. You need to show your ID card and sticker when buying tickets and when you are using public transport.
Students eligible for a public transport discount need to: