The Sir Paul Reeves Building
Designed to reflect what students around the world want from their learning spaces, the Sir Paul Reeves Building and the areas within it are flexible, contemporary and invite collaboration. It reflects AUT’s position as ‘The University for the Changing World,’ and features one of the most contemporary media teaching and learning spaces in this hemisphere.
With its impressive 12-storey tower and glass-roofed atrium, the Sir Paul Reeves Building is right at the heart of our city campus, connecting the surrounding buildings, including the Business School, by way of Governor Fitzroy Plaza. This building is rich with student-centred learning and social spaces and houses the most advanced communications school in the country.
SIR PAUL REEVES
The building is named after the late Sir Paul Reeves* who had a long association with AUT University, first as a professor, then from 2005 as Chancellor. He was instrumental to the direction, spirit and prestige of the University, shaping our vision as a modern tertiary institution.
* The Right Reverend and The Honourable Sir Paul Alfred Reeves ONZ, GCMG, GCVO, QSO, KStJ (Te Åti Awa)
Key features of the building
- Reception and exhibition space
- Video wall and the living wall
- Glass-walled theatre
- Entrance from Mayoral Drive
- Main entrance and entry to WA Building
- Access to the performance, television, motion, radio and sound studios
- Lobby area and flexible function space
- Student radio station ‘Static 88.1fm’
- Student kitchen
- ‘Newsfeed’ – a new café of urban and contemporary design, serving healthy food
- Entry to large lecture theatre (WG403) and case room (WG404)
- Access to Green Quad, WA Level 4 and the Library
- The ‘Tree House’
- Convergent Media Centre - This area is designed to operate as a contemporary newsroom and to reflect the 24-hour news cycle that has emerged in the digital revolution
- Teaching and classrooms
- Computer labs
- Postgraduate Activities
- Studio-based floor to accommodate Design & Creative Technologies
- School of Communications' staff offices
- All levels have social collaborative learning spaces.
- Public spaces on levels 1-4 are open 7am-10pm on weekdays and 10am-6pm on weekends
AUT Student Hub
Phone 0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
Last updated: 11-Jan-2016 1.39pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.