Transport and parking 2017
This page gives details of changes to the shuttle bus ticketing prices from the AUT South Campus, and parking costs at the North and South Campus for 2017.
- From 1 February 2017 the fare for AUT’s subsidised shuttle bus between the City and South Campuses is $3 per one-way trip.
- This is the only door-to-door service available and is cheaper than using the public bus service between Manukau and the city, which costs tertiary students around $3.65.
- The fare for the shuttle between the City and North Campuses remains unchanged.
- To help students manage costs, a flat rate of $3 per one-way trip applies regardless of how many rides are purchased (previously buying tickets for less than 30 rides was more expensive).
Travelling to the AUT North Campus?
- All new North Campus tickets sold this year will be date stamped 1 January 2017. If these are used for travelling to the South Campus, they will be clipped twice (we advise not using the incorrect tickets as this is a more expensive option).
- Tickets for the South Campus shuttle cannot be used on the North Campus shuttle – they will require a separate ticket for each leg of the journey. This will mainly affect those in the Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences.
- In 2017 there will be an extra nine trips per day between the City and South Campuses.
- AUT students need to present student ID when purchasing shuttle bus tickets at UBS or Sport and Fitness.
Tickets purchased in 2016
For AUT students and staff who purchased tickets for South Campus in 2016 at the old rate, these tickets will be honoured until the end of the first semester, but will need to be swapped.
- Old tickets used on the South route are valid for one ride.
- Take old tickets to the South and City Campus security offices and swap them for the same number of rides at the new rate for no extra charge.
Security offices where tickets can be swapped:
- South Campus – MF building
- City Campus – WO building – street front – corner St Pauls and Wakefield Streets
Email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
- In 2017 parking costs at both our South and North Campuses have been aligned
- Free after-hours and weekends parking on the North and South Campus
- City Campus: AUT parking is not available
Parking rates apply from 6am to 6pm, Monday to Friday:
- Hour rate: $1.50
- Full day rate: $7.50
Find out more
Last updated: 07-Feb-2017 11.10am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.